Food assistance requests rise at Needy Basket as COVID-19 spins household incomes toward uncertainty. Sensing an urgent need, the Tipp City Foundation reached out to this food pantry to see how it could help.
Here’s how the foundation helped, and here’s how you can help, too.
A grant has been awarded by the distribution committee. Like all donations dated and delivered to the Needy Basket after May 10th, but before June 20th, it will be eligible for a matching donation of up to $10,000 from the Meijer Simply Give Program. Anyone interested in also doubling their gift is encouraged to also donate at this time.
Needy Basket of Southern Miami County, $2,500.00, helps purchase an additional 35,000 – 45,000 pounds of food above the original 2020 estimate. Demands for nutrition assistance were on track for a 91% increase by the end of April.
The pantry is open weekly on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for Tipp City, Monroe and Bethel Township residents. To donate food, money or time, visit www.needybasket.org or call (937) 667-1977 for details.
Area nonprofits in need of emergency economic assistance from the Foundation may contact Jim Ranft at (937) 528-2482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The non-emergency grant submission deadline for 2Q is June 1. Application forms are found at www.tippfoundation.org.
Support the Tipp City Foundation
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Tipp City Foundation is a member fund of The Troy Foundation. You can make a difference with your dollars in our community by:
• Donating online here.
• Making your check payable to the Tipp City Foundation and mail to P.O. Box 626, Tipp City, OH 45371.
• Setting up a fund or legacy plan by contacting Heather Bailey at (937) 528-2482.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
All marketing activities of the Foundation is 100% underwritten by generous sponsors. Please contact us at email@example.com for information on how your business or organization can become our partner in philanthropy.
• Silver Sponsor – Thrivent Financial (Matt Buehrer)
• Bronze Sponsors – Advanced Machinery Companies; Dungan & LeFevre; Ever-Green Turf & Landscape; Gibson Law Offices; Greenville Federal; Monroe Federal Savings and Loan; New Carlisle Federal Savings Bank; Pickrel, Schaeffer and Ebeling; Unity National Bank
• Friend Sponsors – Captor Corp.; Edward Jones (Neil Nehring); Frings & Bayliff Funeral Home; Minster Bank; RSM US; Turnstone Financial; US Bank
• Media Sponsor – Tippecanoe Gazette
GOOD NEWS IS WORTH SHARING
Use the links below to share the TIPPing Point with friends and neighbors. Not a subscriber? Sign up here! If there is something you would like to see in future installments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your input is welcome and appreciated!